Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino Recipe

17:39

Now that the British weather has finally decided to give us some nice sunny days that almost feel like summer, I thought I'd come up with some new recipes to enjoy in the weather. Green tea with a slice of lemon is one of my favourite drinks and I have it almost every day, so today I'm going to show you how to turn it into a refreshing frappuccino. EatCleanTea challenged me to come up with a healthy drink using their matcha as part of their #SummerOfMatcha competition. The aim is to reduce intake of sugar laden drinks and increase healthy alternatives!
 Matcha powder itself is a healthy addition to any diet- it has 137 times as many antioxidants than normal green tea, boosts your metabolism, burns calories and gives you long lasting energy. Sounds good right? Oh and it has the great taste of green tea too, obviously.
 Other than the matcha, this recipe only uses water, ice and a dairy free milk such as almond, soya or coconut. This gives you an extra boost of protein and creamy texture that'll keep you going until your next meal, whilst still being really refreshing in the warm weather. It's basically a healthy milkshake! You can also add extras such as vanilla or mint to your taste. Enjoy~

Ingredients

1/2 cup soya/almond/coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, 8 crushed ice cubes. 1/2 teaspoon matcha 
Optional extras: maple syrup, fresh mint, vanilla extract

 Method

Put everything in a blender until well combined and smooth
Flavour to taste using a dash of maple syrup or vanilla, fresh mint leaves or just enjoy as it is! For a cooler drink add some more ice or leave in the fridge for a while.
Emma xo

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is something waaaaay out of what I usually drink but I really want to try it, it sounds so healthy!
    Infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy Jane! Matcha is a little bit of an acquired taste haha- but it's great to play around because there' so many different ways to drink it (ranging from hot to iced tea to milky like this one! ^_^

      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. looks so delish! i wanna try this because i love drinking green tea and this seems like a lovely twist to my usual tea:)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae! I hope you enjoy it if you do give it a go :)

      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe