6 Ways to Beat January Blues

13:30

Hope you all had a great Christmas and start to the New Year! Now it's all over, it's easy to get fed up with the dark mornings and evenings, grey weather and then stress over approaching exams, so today I'm doing post on how to stay positive and happy throughout January. Let me know your favourite ways to beat the January blues in the comments section too!

1. Treat yourself!
It's really easy to become so busy with work, studies and everything else that we often forget to take some time out for ourselves. Pick yourself up something from Lush and have a hot bubbly bath, watch a Disney movie (or two) and snuggle up with some popcorn. You're never too old for blanket forts either!

2. Nature
Even though it might be grey outside most of the time here in England, make the most of the sunny times by going for a walk in the countryside, or parks in you're in a city. Nature can improve creativity by 50%, and decrease one stress hormone by 16% so it's a simple way to boost your mood- I can't be the only one to still jump in puddles, can I? 

3. Exercise
Up until September last year when I started playing squash, I didn't do any sports or fitness activity other that the very occasional run. Even if I feel too tired or not in the right frame of mind, it really gives me a boost and I feel so much better afterwards. Try 15 minutes of simple yoga in the mornings or evenings to relax and reflect on the day.

4. Listen to your favourite music
Sounds simple enough, but listening to a few upbeat songs can lift your mood instantly! I have a couple of saved playlists of feel good songs such as Fleetwood Mac, Noah and the Whale, and a bit of MIKA thrown in for good measure. Make your own with songs you love or that remind you of a certain happy moment!
5. Have a tidy up
Although my room ends up messy a couple of days after a clean up, it'll make your area feel a lot nicer and will make you feel less stressed as well. Sort through any clothes or items you don't like or need any more and donate them to charity. It'll give you more space and also help out great charities so it's a win-win!
6. Find a hobby
Pick up an old hobby or try out some new ones- it'll take your mind off any stresses of the day and you'll probably feel more productive too! Learn something new like knitting or playing piano, or enjoy colouring in those complex and beautiful colouring books that are so popular at the moment. Find something you enjoy and do it often!


What makes you feel better in January? Do you have any hobbies you enjoy?
Emma xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this post! I just got back from holiday in Canada, and I started work and I've definitely been feeling the January blues for sure! These tips will be really helpful to me!

    Jasmine / www.jasminekeclipse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine, glad you enjoyed the post! :)

      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe