Dreamboats and Petticoats

17:09

Hey dolls! Another outfit post today, this is what I wore to the Dig for Victory 1940's dance last month. Although my dress is more 50's style, it was perfect for spinning around to Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole! I've had my eye on quite a few reproduction dresses like this for a while, but most are around the £50 price mark and that is quite a bit for my little student budget to stretch to. Then, completely at chance I popped into a couple of charity shops and saw this lovely dress for just £6.99! It fitted perfectly, and it is definitely my favourite second-hand find to date ^_^
It has a sweetheart neckline, lace up front and knee length full skirt for volume- I will hopefully get a net petticoat for underneath soon too. I paired it with a burgundy cardigan, retro red lips and classic brown brogues to finish off the vintage inspired look. 
Cardigan: handmade from vintage fair, dress: H&M via charity shop, shoes: New Look


post signature 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely outfit! That dress is so pretty and that jacket is a great colour. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the dress, and you managed to get it for such a bargain as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe