How to Make Lip Balm and Sugar Scrub // DIY

16:31

Why spend a fortune on beauty products when you can make your own? These are so quick and simple to make- I made both pots in less than 5 minutes, using only store cupboard ingredients. You probably already have everything you need right in your kitchen! They're the perfect size to pop in your bag or pocket for a quick splash of colour and smooth lips. The balm is slightly glossy and leaves a light pink colour, and the scrub is perfect for buffing off dry skin (plus it tastes great too). You can also adapt the recipe to your liking by changing flavours and colours to create your own personal beauty products.
Sugar scrub:
Mix together 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar, 1/2 a teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of each vanilla extract and pink gel food colouring in a small dish until combined. 
Scoop into a small pot with a lid and that's it! Super simple, right? This one's great for removing dry skin and leaving your lips feeling really soft.

Lip Balm:
Put 1 tablespoon Vaseline, a few drops of pink gel food colouring and a few drops of lemon flavouring into a small, heat proof dish and pop in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, until the Vaseline has dissolved.
Mix well and pour into a small, sterilised lip balm pot and leave to set before using.

Have you tried making any of your own beauty products before? Let me know if you give these a go!

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. This is such a great idea! I've been looking at the Lush lip scrubs and I don't feel like I can justify the money on them just yet! So I'll definitely be given them ago!
    Can I ask where did you get your pots from? The little heart one is really sweet!
    Harriet x
    harrietcorey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Harriet, they definitely make an excellent Lush dupe as the ingredients are very similar! The pots were actually magazine freebies, although they came filled with glitter! Ebay also sell lip balm pots and you might also find some in craft shops :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. i'm well stocked up on my beloved lush and burt's bees lip scrubs & balms at the minute, but after reading how easy these are to create i think i'll definitely have a go at creating some of my own in the future now!

    robyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn! I really hope you enjoy them, as they're super simple and cheap to make!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. seriously need to try these out! so easy to make ah! great post!xoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you enjoy them!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. Will definitely be giving these a go, so easy to make, think I will go raid the kitchen cupboards now xx

    This Routine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hope you like them :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  5. I need to try those :) Thanks for sharing! Your photos look lovely x

    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ana!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  6. I really need the sugar scrub in my life right now... My lips are terribly chapped. I like how the ingredients are so simple, I can never be bothered to go out and buy things for DIYs, so I like that I can do it with what's already in the house!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super simple isn't it! You can also use any oil you like as a base instead of olive oil, so if you want you can try jojoba or sunflower oil too :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  7. such a cute diy! I am actually going to try this one out! It looks so easy and really nice!

    missace99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you enjoy them!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  8. This is such a great idea, and cheap too! Really want to try the lip scrub :)

    Bethan likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so simple and effective :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  9. This DIY is absolutely awesome! I have to try it *_*
    kisses

    Francesca http://www.everydaycoffee.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, hope you enjoy them! Thank you for commenting ^_^
      Emma xo

      Delete
  10. Your blog is amazing
    I'm following you now
    Follow me back on http://sugary-lime.blogspot.ru/
    and http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/9057599
    Happy New Year ♥
    xoxo
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I love that it's pink haha it looks so pretty! :D thanks so much for sharing, I'm definitely going to make this!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica, enjoy them! :D
      Emma xo

      Delete
  12. This is so amazing! And very helpful because my lips have been suffering a lot with the cold weather! Great idea! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita, if you try them I hope these help!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  13. It's a great DIY! I will do it, it's so cool to have a lib balm, which I've done myself!

    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Svetlana!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe