Collecting Vinyl: A Few Favourite Albums

13:14

A slightly different post today- I thought I'd show you all some of my vinyl collection! I realised that I'm always sharing new additions to my Instagram feed, but I've never really talked about it on here. Including my parents records, I have about 120 from lots of eras and genres, so I hope you enjoy a virtual browse through them...
The Movie Playlist
Grease: My all-time favourite record. 4 sides purely of Grease songs means that there could be no better soundtrack, because in all honestly everyone loves a good sing-along to Summer Lovin'. Also, Sandra Dee is the perfect song to dance to when getting ready.

Pretty in Pink: This is another of my parent's records which has a great array of songs on! After finally watching the film for the first time last week, I love the soundtrack even more- although they didn't include Ottis Redding's 'Try a Little Tenderness' which Ducky danced to in the record shop (the best scene in my opinion!)

Elvis In The Movies: Straight from the King himself, this is an album stacked full of some of his greatest songs like 'Jailhouse Rock', 'Viva Las Vegas' and 'Love me Tender'. Definitely a record to brighten your day!
The Greats
It's very difficult to pick favourites, but Blondie, Fleetwood Mac and Queen are very high on my list. 
The Underrated
I first heard Joan Armatrading on '10 Things I Hate About You' and she has such a great voice. Some of the songs are sad, some of them happy, all amazing.
The chorus of 'Cecelia' made a slight comeback last year due to one particular boy band recycling the lyrics and tune a bit. I might be biased, but personally Simon and Garfunkel's version will always be the best.
Daryl Hall and John Oates tend to not be given a huge amount of credit in the music industry, but they will always have written some of the catchiest songs, including my favourite 'You Make My Dreams'. 
  Do you have any records? Which are your favourite albums?
post signature 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe