Step into Christmas...

17:02

Last Sunday, I went on a little day trip up to Bath to visit the Christmas market, which is I find is one of the best ways to get in the festive spirit. The decorations and atmosphere make visiting Bath at Christmas one of my favourite days of the year- I'm like a child in a sweet shop when I see all of the cabins!

When we arrived, we spotted the vintage and antiques fair which was on in Green Park Station and had a browse around. There were so many gorgeous coats and hats for staying warm, but I ended up buying another vinyl to add to my collection- Blondie's 'Eat to the Beat'.
Moving into the middle of Bath, we popped into Jacobs Coffee House for a light lunch. I chose the artichoke, goat's cheese, sundried tomato and basil panini and it was delicious- all of my favourite ingredients!  I'd really recommend paying a visit to Jacobs if you happen to pass by, this is the second time we've been and the food is delicious and the interior is so cosy and friendly.
Next we visited the Christmas market itself and it was just as magical this year! There were so many quirky gifts, artists and foods that walking around is so exciting- there's so much to see and smell. Once again, my favourite stall was Elsie Belle jewellery, who mangaged to exceed last year's cabin by the inclusion of this amazing unicorn (I mean, who doesn't love being surrounded by gorgeous jewellery, fairly lights, roses and unicorns?)
The rest of the afternoon was spent warming up with hot chocolates and mince pies, along with wandering around shops- mainly swooning over everything in Anthropologie- their store is so pretty at the moment with lots of copper leaves hanging from the ceiling.
The carousel mesmerises me- every single year! There's just something about the fancily painted horses and lights that I find so magical.

On the way home we passed Wells a bit spontaneously and were lucky enough to visit the Bishops Palace for a few minutes before closing time! There's a flower festival on at the moment and each room had a different theme, each were stunning and so much work went into the arrangements. The burgundy and green rooms was my favourite, closely followed by the futuristic room which had glitter coated amaryllis. It was definitely a wonderful way to finish up the day!
What have you been up to recently?
post signature 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I love the unicorn, I want one for my house! x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! It would look so lovely would it look on a pastel wall =^_^=
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, made me feel very festive! :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. Heh, sometimes I go into Anthropologie just to swoon. No other purpose.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! It was my first time visiting (we don't have a store near me), and I was like a kid in a sweet shop!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. Ahhh so cute, love this post xx <3

    iamjanals.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Janie!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  5. I love christmas markets. I think it is really a british thing. The food you had looks amazing, but that could be your good photography skills. I have never been to Bath and most probably should visit one day.

    Merry Christmas

    Lorilee

    love it if you stopped by
    http://lorileesadventures.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They're very lovely here in the UK, and the food was amazing too- if only the photos showed how good they were! Bath is definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area :)
      Have a lovely Christmas!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe