DIY Glitter Covered Shoes

10:33

It seems like absolutely ages since I last featured a DIY project on here, so thought it was about time to show you what I've been up to! My Halloween costume didn't have a specific 'character' as such, I just mixed together lots of different elements to end up with an overall outfit. The main feature and colour scheme was gold and black, so I decided that my cape, mask and shoes  were all going to be covered in gold glitter.
I've had these Dr Marten look-a-like boots from Boohoo for a couple of years, but they were looking really tired and were beginning to break. So naturally, there's only one way to save them...glitter, and lots of it!
The process is really simple- cover the shoes in PVA glue followed by glitter and allow to dry. Repeat with another coat of glue and glitter. Once the shoes are fully dry, paint over the boots with a final layer of PVA to seal it.
How do you update old pieces in your wardrobe?
post signature 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These look amazing! I have a pair of old DMs that I might try this on, if I can pluck up the courage!

    Hayley-Eszti // www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hayley! I'd love to see how they turn out if you give them a go!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. Love these shoes! I didn't realise until I started reading that they are a diy, they look new!
    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you Emma, I seemed to have fooled a few people into thinking I've bought a pair of new shoes!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe