The forest of talking trees

15:59

Realising how dreary and bare the trees behind me look, I'm glad to have added a little more colour to my wardrobe with this dress. It was just £3 (another charity shop buy) and I love the cream flowers printed onto the red, and it's finished with brass buttons on the front and sleeves to give a vintage inspired look. The print itself is stepping out of my comfort zone a little as I tend not to go for bright patterns, so I teamed it with my trusty black accessories to a keep that aspect of the outfit minimal.
This season I've been aiming to look around charity shops and buy second hand before heading to the high street, and I love the unique clothes I've found- for a fraction of the price as well!
Dress: Charity Shop, Hat: Topshop, Boots: Old, Bag: George
What do you think of buying second hand?
post signature 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm so fan of secondhand shops but even though I try to leave aside the vintage style I created in my wardrobe these days I can't refuse a good vintage thrift !
    xx

    Hugs from Paris
    Lorna

    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun isn't it, you never know what you're going to find! Thank you for commenting!
      Have a lovely day,
      Emma co

      Delete
  2. So envious of that dress, and how you always seem to find such cute thrift finds! I always try, but never seem to have much success. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much Anna! It's so hit and miss, sometimes I can have a few trips around second hand shops and not find anything at all!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. beautiful pictures!! love that dress <3

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zoe! <3
      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. I bought this dress from eBay a few years ago, but when it arrived I really didn't like it. I cannot remember why now, but seeing you in it makes me want the dress back. Love the pictures in this post. I used to go round charity shops a lot when I was in college and University and pick up lots of clothes from there one of my favourite dresses is from a charity shop. I found recently after Mary Portas did her charity shop program prices seemed to go up and I couldn't really find anything I liked. Last thing I bought from a charity shop was a dress that was £5.99 and it had a large rip in it, which I did not discover till I got home.

    Lorilee
    http://lorileesadventures.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment! Charity shops are so much fun. but I agrees the price seems to have gone up a lot recently- think it might be because 'vintage' is so in trend at the moment! It''s a shame to hear about your dress, hope you managed to fix it!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe