'You can never be overdressed or overeducated'

17:50

I'm sure you've all heard the Oscar Wilde quote in the title before, but this was just one of perfect opportunities to apply it. My first week of college has been so exciting- full of meeting new people, trying out new lessons and filling my free time with plenty of visits to Costa before I get given an avalanche of homework over the coming weeks. As well as having such a different atmosphere from school, it's also great being able to wear your own clothes rather than uniform, so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll have plenty of outfits to show you all.
Now the overdressed section of the quote; it's somewhat a habit of mine to dress a little too fancy on a daily basis. Personally, I think if you love something you should wear it, even if that means wearing a ballerina-esque skirt. This one came from Monsoon via Ebay for a couple of pounds- the layers of pleats, net and beads are just so dreamy I couldn't help but pair it with a newly made flower crown (and twirl around in the garden a bit!)
Hairband: Handmade, Top: Topshop, Skirt: Monsoon via Ebay, Shoes: Primark
post signature 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I just love your flower crown! Gorgeous! & I also am I firm believer, in that you can never be overdressed! :)

    Alice
    www.trendyintexasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice, I'm glad you like it! Have a lovely day!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. you look wonderful! <3 you're like a dreamy forest enchantress :")

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cutest pictures, I love the skirt!

    lucy-jane-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also just started college! I absolutely love that Oscar Wilde quote, I vaguely recognise it but it was a nice reminder and I think the quote has just become a lot more memorable. What I love my college is that it's so massive that it's kind of like anything goes, you see people walking around in joggers and a t shirt, then there's people wearing four inch heels, then there's people totally going all out for the emo style. It's great! It's be really difficult to feel over dressed unless you wore a posh dress or something. I also love being able to put outfits together every day, although I'm not sure I'll feel that way for the rest of the year!

    I've also just realised that this is a super long comment...oops :')
    Carpe Noctems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely comment! I completely agree, it's so wonderful to see such a variety of fashions and styles at college- it makes me feel so inspiring seeing what other people are wearing! Hope college goes well for you too!
      Have a wonderful week,
      Emma xo

      Delete
  5. That skirt is absolutely beautiful! As always, you look absolutely beautiful.
    xx Lisa

    Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa!
      Have a lovely day,
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe