Walking on the rooftops.

13:25

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and give something new a go. Maybe that's taking a slightly different route to your usual walk, or listen to music on shuffle mode or try something other than your usual drink when you go to your favourite coffee shop. Sometimes all you need is a slightly different perspective and you'll see something in a whole new light.
For me, recently I've been trying to step out of my well-trodden path and say 'yes' to new things a little more. Quite often it's just the simple things, such as ordering a new drink instead of my usual mini hot chocolate in coffee shops, and have since discovered that I love Peach Iced Tea and Chai Lattes. This week, I gave an old pair of jeans a new lease of life by distressing the knees, pockets and hems. For a while now I've also been eyeing up some black ankle books that look like they've been lived in for ages, such as these from Free People. After scrolling endlessly through the Free People blog, I remembered I had a pair of my old riding boots. With a bit of polish they fit the bill perfectly, and have the well-worn look of a vintage pair!
Black top: Primark, Shirt: New Look, Jeans: New Look (customised), Boots: Vintage
post signature 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Loved reading this post. It's so true that you need to say 'yes' more, sometimes I think about all the things I've shut myself off from and feel kinda sad :(
    Just started reading your blog and love it so far - you have a new follower!
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lydia! I agree, think there's quite a few things I've missed out on, but hopefully learning from it now so there's more opportunity in the future too :)
      Have a lovely day,
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. These pictures are so cute! I love the outfit AND the location-so perfect!! Way to be resourceful with the things you already have...maybe I'll do that with some of my jeans too ;) Following along via GFC & Bloglovin!

    xo, grace (patternedposies.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace! The location is really quirky isn't it? There are so many possibilities of customising clothes, I'd love to see if you do give the jeans a go! :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. I am in love with those pictures. They are really perfect for this post!
    xx Lisa

    Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! And the pictures look great!

    www.flowersandthreadsxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe