Trouble melts like lemon drops

20:30

Dress and socks: handmade, Shoes: Primark, Necklace: Elsie Belle
All of my exams are finished now (except maths, but we'll not mention those) so what better way to start the holidays off than to make a new summer dress? I found this lovey blue and white gingham fabric in our fabric suitcase, which seemed perfect to make a slightly fitted smock dress, and it's been my neatest attempt so far.
It reminds me very much of Dorothy, and even though unfortunately I don't own any red shoes, I paired it with these retro style wedges in Primark for a mere £12 which I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear out of in summer. 
post signature

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Love this dress! Can't believe you made it. I have a sewing machine and bought some fabrics to make some home-y things but I'd love to make myself a dress like this. Gingham is such a great choice :)

    Great post & Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hailes! I'd love to see what you make with your fabric too!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing! I'd love to be able to wear my own clothes, unfortunately I'm useless with a sewing machine!

    creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw give it a go, I'm still quite hit and miss-there was a lot of un-picking threads throughout making this one! :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. Lovely photographs, I love the little gif you made! You have a wonderful blog, very happy to come across it, now following you via bloglovin!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah, have a lovely day!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures, the dress is so cute!

    Lucy x

    lucy-jane-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is not what I usually like, but it´s really gorgeous. The fact that it´s selfmade is even more amazing. It looks really good with those shoes!
    xx Lisa

    followinglisa.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, I'm glad you like it! :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  6. Wow! That is amazing you created the dress with your own hands. You look adorable~

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Sylvia, such a kind comment!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe