Make-up through the decades

16:44

I little light-hearted post today, with 6 pieces from my make-up collection that loosely remind me of different eras- hope you enjoy them!
 
1920: Smokey eyes, fresh skin and style packed into a look that that is elegant enough for Gatsby's mansion. I've chosen Miss Dior and a Bourjois blush pot because they are my most expensive and luxurious make-up pieces, and beautifully packaged to have a timeless style.
Greek: The place of the Olympics, gold jewellery and metallics are very much winning colours. The MUA eyeshadow is a great everyday colour in a bronze, but can also be layered up to create smokey effects. This crackle top coat such an expensive looking colour, and creates a wonderful statement over black.
Tribal: Coconut is the smell I think of when Tropical is mentioned, which isn't the most groundbreaking I will admit, but I love the smell to wake up and feel summery. The gold dust eyeshadow by Collection 2000 is an amazing colour for the sunny weather, but be warned that it gets everywhere!
Which are your favourites?
post signature

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Really interesting post :) & I love that perfume! x

    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! It's one of my favourites too :)
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. This is a really great post. I would have never thought of doing something like that, but I loved reading it. Also, you are totally right with each item in each era.
    xx Lisa

    followinglisa.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it! There'll be some more vintage inspired posts and tutorials soon once exams are over!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe