How To Make a Pressed Flower Phone Case // DIY

10:56

My favourite DIY so far today- I couldn't wait to share with you! A while back I saw this beautiful pressed flower case on the Etsy Blog, and after collecting a few petals and pressing them last week, I created my own. I didn't have resin, so instead covered it with layers of varnish to seal in the petals and the overall effect is not only inexpensive, but completely unique and really pretty. The best part there are so many flowers to choose from, your phone case will definitely brighten your day and reflect your style!
You will  need: A blank phone case, flowers or petals, scissors, sewing pin or needle, PVA, Lacquer (I used clear lacquer spray paint)
I used tulips and alstroemeria and pressed them for just over a week in a sketchbook under my heavy record player until they were dry.
Arrange the petals on the phone case and begin using a little PVA on the backs to layer them up. Once you're happy with the finished design, cover with a layer of PVA- it will dry clear! Whilst the petals are fairly soft from the glue, use a pin to poke through where the speaker and camera holes are. It's easy to tear them so go little by little and use glue to even up the edge as you go.

Once dry, cover with another layer of PVA. I repeated this for about 4-5 layers to seal in the petals.
After leaving overnight, I then sprayed the phone case with clear lacquer- about 4 thin coats to seal and protect the case. Leave to dry completely, then you have your own unique and super pretty case!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. That is so awesome, it looks so pretty! If only I had an iPhone ahh..

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! It works with most phones- mine's a Samsung and I just used the spare white case it came with :3
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. Wow. This is literally amazing. I am getting an iPhone soon so I must try this!

    Great Post & Haaappy Spring! I'm now following your blog :)

    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hailes! If you do give it a go I'd love to see how it turns out!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. Amazing tutorial! I'm so trying this x

    Creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma! I'd love to see your phone case too if you give it a go!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. what a great idea, so pretty! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that phone case is so beautiful, what a fun DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you give it a go! :)
      Emma co

      Delete
  7. This looks so beautiful. The next thing I am going to do is go outside to get some flowers. I want one of those so badly and I´ll probably end up doing more than one!
    xx Lisa

    followinglisa.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I'm so glad you've been inspired! I'd love to see how they turn out!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe