Big Blackberry Cake

13:12

One of my favourite recipes for cake. Blackberries. Nuts. Vanilla. In a cake. YUM! I adapted this recipe from the raspberry cake by Olivia from What Olivia Did, and it's such a lovely recipe I've been using it ever since! I swapped raspberries for blackberries as we still have some left in the freezer after collecting such an abundance of them in Autumn.
After running out of ground almonds too, I also added some vanilla extract and chopped up some nuts (slightly rustic, as you can see!) to throw in as well for some texture.

Slicing the cake to find a row of juicy berries in is so satisfying, and would look lovely for Spring picnics too!
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks amazing! Lovely photos as well Emma :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/
    p.s; check out my international Topshop makeup giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alice! :)
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe