Wrecking a Journal

18:52

A book review today, so it's a little different to my usual, but I hope you'll like it all the same! A well know title by Keri Smith called 'Wreck This Journal' has been floating around quite a few blogs over the past few weeks so I've decide to put together a little bit about my own which I've been working on for the past 2 years (and still half way through!).

The main idea of the journal-pointing out the obvious- is to basically wreck it as much as you can. Each page has instructions like 'splash your tea here' or 'take the journal in the shower with you' to create a mess, and surprisingly much of the mess looks quite interesting and pushes you out of your comfort zone. Before buying it, I was a little sceptical on paying £8.99 on a book just to destroy it, and I did squeal a little whilst wrecking the first few pages, pushing my perfectionism aside.

As a book and journal in one, it's helped me be more creative and realise it's okay to make mistakes, and sometime they aren't mistakes at all!
post signature

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love your blog, I want to get this journal! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha, it's definitely worth a look!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  2. Thats a really interetesting idea :)

    Xxx
    Lorna
    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so unique, especially for gifts too!
      Emma xo

      Delete
  3. My best friend actually told me about this before. I am too much of a perfectionist to even try this out. But it does look so damn lovely!
    xx Lisa

    http://followinglisa.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! It's great fun, but I did buy it for a perfectionist friend and she can't bear to wreck it either!
      Emma xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one and I love to hear feedback! Please don't leave follow for a follow, or ask me to check out you blog, just leave your link and I usually take a look at them anyway! x

Subscribe